Monday, June 16, 2014

rainy songs.

I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but where I am, it's pretty crappy. We've had rain on and off for the last few weeks, complete with flooding, gigantic hail (and accompanying gigantic dents on my car), and tornado warnings. 

Today was one of those days. As I was driving home and doing my damnedest not to hydroplane right off the road, I couldn't help but notice that my iPod (set to shuffle) was playing an awful lot of songs about rain. (Be they literal or metaphorical.) It just KNEW.

So - in case you feel like listening to some rainy songs - here are my five favorite songs about rain!

Matchbox 20 - 3am
Say what you want, but I still LOVE this song, and I'm not afraid to tell you.

Billie Meyers - Kiss the Rain
This is flashback city. I have more to tell you about this song in a different blog post.

Prince - Purple Rain
Sadly, none of Prince's music is available on YouTube, so this picture of Prince on a motorcycle will have to do.

Gene Kelly - Singin' in the Rain
Great movie, great song. The ultimate song to sing in the rain. (See what I did there?) 

Elvis Presley - Cold Kentucky Rain

My friend Sarah and I used to sit out on my front porch when it rained - we ate white chocolate pudding and sang this song. Ahh, memories.

-----

There are about a zillion songs about rain, but these are my absolute favorites. So instead of pout about the rain and bemoan the current state of my garden (state = waterlogged), I'm just going to listen to my rain songs and deal with it.

But just in case the sun does decide to come out, here's a nice weather song for good measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment