Monday, July 8, 2019

ten outfits under $35, part XI.


Welcome back to the "outfits under $35" series! Believe it or not, this is my 11th edition of outfits under $35, and my 13th edition of cheap outfit posts. And my sixth year. 
 
If you're curious, take a look at my old stories and see how my style (and bargaining prowess) has evolved since 2013!
 
 
But now: ten outfits under $35, part XI!

dress – Modcloth – $19.18
shoes – Modcloth – $13.49 (clearance and 50% off)

TOTAL: $32.98



Modcloth clearance is really the best. As I have mentioned a time or two before, Modcloth will have big clearance sales in which they offer an additional 30% or 40% off the already discounted price. Hence: this dress. The original price was $99 – a price I would obviously never pay. But $19.18? ABSOLUTELY.



shirt – Pink Armadillo – FREE! (freebie for defective shirt)
jeans – Lauriebelles – $31.50 (30% off)
shoes – DSW – FREE! (was $90, all sorts of coupons/discounts)
earrings – Etsy/Michaels – about $3 for supplies
TOTAL: $34.50

I originally ordered a South Dakota "home" shirt from a company called Pink Armadillo. South Dakota, after all, is where I grew up and is where my parents live. When the shirt came, the state didn't look like South Dakota at all: South Dakota's signature right corner was covered by the flowers. I emailed them, asking for a refund. The company declined to give me a refund, but they did offer me a free shirt. I chose Minnesota this time, which looks much more like it should. 
 


dress – Modcloth – $19.98
cardigan – Amazon – $13.77 (5% discount)

wedges – DSW – FREE! (was $90, all sorts of coupons/discounts)

TOTAL: $33.75



I bought this dress during one of Modcloth’s legendary (well, legendary to me) final clearance sales. I have a thing for cacti, so the print was calling my name. Plus pockets. Obviously. These snap button cardigans are everywhere nowadays (yes, nowadays), but before they were, I was getting them for cheap on Amazon.


jacket – Country Peddler – FREE! (used credit) 
pants – Target – $19.99
shoes – DSW – $9.95 ($15 coupon)

necklace – Etsy/Michaels – about $5 for supplies

TOTAL: $34.94



So I really love bomber jackets. They’re like blazers with attitude. I got this one at Country Peddler (where all good things come from). Target is the source of most of my dress pants, and these are extra cool because the pockets are zippered shut. My necklace is one I made out of a piece of blue and white china found on the shores of Lake Poinsett. So I don’t know if you call this sea glass or not… sea china, perhaps?


dress – Farrah Anne’s Boutique – FREE! (saw me on Instagram)
boots – Maurices – $24.50 (50% off boots, $5 off rewards)

bracelet – Etsy – about $10 for supplies

TOTAL: $34.50



Cool story about this dress: for about a year now, I have been posting near-daily photos of my outfits on Instagram. I do it for fun and because people often ask me where I get my clothes. Somehow, a boutique called Farrah Anne’s Boutique saw my Instagram and offered to send me a dress for free if I wore it and tagged them in an Instagram photo. Obviously, I said yes. I feel like that makes me famous on the internet, right? The bracelet is one I made out of teeny tiny gold beads. I love it, but I am always a little terrified I’m going to break it and those teeny tiny gold beads will go flying. Fingers crossed that never happens.




dress – Modcloth – $34.99 (40% off)

wedges – DSW – FREE! (was $90, all sorts of coupons/discounts)

TOTAL: $34.99
  
I know this particular outfit post is dress-heavy, but I just happen to have a good crop of affordable dresses right now. Modcloth just had an incredible Memorial Day sale in which they offered 40% off everything, even clearance. I scored this lovely shirt dress for less than $35. It has embroidered cacti and pockets and I am in love with it. Modcloth for the win.




sweatshirt – Country Peddler – FREE! (was $10, used credit)

pants – Target – $22.49 (25% off)

shoes – Target – $12.50 (buy one get one 50% off

TOTAL: $34.99



I am so very much into embroidery, so imagine my joy upon finding this sweatshirt at Country Peddler. As you probably know, I am a firm believer in olive/army green pants as a neutral. This is just one of oh so many pairs I have. I have an entire drawer dedicated to army green dress pants. 




shirt – $19.99

jeans – $6.49 (buy one get one 50% off + 30% off + $7.50 off)

shoes – DSW – FREE! (was $90, all sorts of coupons/discounts)

labradorite bracelet – Etsy/Michaels – about $4 for supplies

lapis bracelet – Etsy/Michaels – about $4 for supplies

TOTAL: $34.48



Red is my favorite color, and oddly, red shirts aren’t that prevalent. This one is technically “rust,” but we’re getting closer. My jeans are super high-waisted, and I have GOT to tell you how happy I am this is a thing. For years and years, low-rise jeans were the only jeans out there for the young-ish. I wore them in my early to mid-twenties, dutifully holding them up when I bent over. But then high-rise jeans came along and changed my life. (My mom will remind me she was wearing high-rise jeans all along and is therefore cooler than I am.) I hope they NEVER EVER EVER EVER go out of style. Even if they do, I will hold onto them for dear life because I’m never going back to low-rise jeans. NEVER. 


dress – County Peddler – FREE! (was $20, used credit)

shoes – Modcloth – $27.99 (clearance)
sea glass necklace – Etsy/Michael’s – about $5 for supplies
TOTAL: $32.99

When I step into County Peddler, I NEVER walk away empty-handed. This dress is a fairly recent find, and where else could you find a dress with squirrels printed all over it than in a cool consignment store? The necklace, though hard to see as it is buried in Mona's fur, is one I made with beautiful blue Lake Poinsett sea glass.



cardigan – Country Peddler – FREE! (used credit)

David Bowie shirt – Maurices – $13 (50% off)

jeans – Maurices – $22 (50% off)

shoes – Country Peddler – FREE! (was $22, used credit)

earrings – gift from Mom and Dad

TOTAL: $35



Hey, another snap cardigan! This one even has snaps on the sleeves. My David Bowie shirt came from Maurices, of all places. Maurices has been one of my go-to places for work wear in the past several years, and now I am enjoying their casual wear as well. These jeans are also from Maurices, and the little destroyed parts are patched with a buffalo plaid fabric. You’re so cool, Maurices.

-----

Thanks again for checking out my ten outfits under $35. 


No comments:

Post a Comment