Wednesday, September 1, 2021

ten outfits under $35, part XX

What do you know - we've made it to outfits under $35, series 20. That means, by the time you get to the end of this post, I will have shown you 200 outfits under $35. I don't know about you, but I find that absolutely thrilling. Truly. Thanks for sticking with me.

Without further ado, let's see these outfits!

(As always, here are links to the older outfits!)

$40 or less
$30 or less
under $35, part I
under $35, part II
under $35, part III
under $35, part IV
under $35, part V
under $35, part VI 
under $35, part VII
under $35, part VIII

under $35, part IX

under $35, part XII 
under $35, part XIII
under $35, part XIV

under $35, part XV 

under $35, part XVI

under $35, part XVII 

under $35, part XVIII

under $35, part XIX 

shirt – Modcloth via Poshmark – $14

AE pants – AE via Poshmark – $11.99 ($10 coupon)

shoes – DSW – FREE! (buy one pair of sandals, get another free)

earrings – Etsy – about $6 for supplies

TOTAL: $31.99

If you've ever had a baby, you might be aware your body changes an awful lot. Pre-baby, I had this shirt in a size small. Post-baby, my beloved shirt would never button again. I sold my small shirt and bought a large shirt. It's like we never parted.

jumpsuit – Target via thredUP – $17.99

sandals – Maurices – $17 (buy one get one 50% off)

TOTAL: $34.99

Yes, I like this outfit, and that's the actual point of the picture... but LOOK AT OUR NEW (to us) COUCH. It's from an antique store, and it's blue crushed velvet. We are in love with it, and so are the cats. James and I are slowly replacing all our Ikea/Target furniture with vintage and antique furniture as we find pieces we love and can afford, and this is easily the best one so far.

blouse – thredUP – $5.99 (Christmas $8 credit)

cardigan – Lacoste via Poshmark – FREE! (was $20, used credit)

sailor jeans – Modcloth via thredUP – $7.99

shoes – Modcloth via Poshmark – $20

TOTAL: $33.98

It's hard to tell from the photo, but my blouse has tiny paper airplanes printed on it. These are the only pair of jeans I own that aren't skinny jeans. It's funny - when skinny jeans first became a thing when I was in college, I swore up and down they were the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen and you wouldn't catch me dead in a pair. Because 19-year-olds know everything. Then again, I'm saying the same thing about crop tops now... but I am pretty damn confident about that.


jacket – AE via Poshmark – $11

pants – AE – FREE! (free jean coupon)

shoes – Poshmark – $21 (were $33, used credit)

earrings – Etsy – about $3 for supplies

TOTAL: $35

If I'm going to be honest here, I built this entire outfit around those shoes. LOOK AT THEM. They are called juttis, and they came from India. They don't have a right or a left shoe: they just mold to your foot. They make me feel like Aladdin, and I absolutely love them.

dress – Hell Bunny via ebay – $30

shoes – DSW – FREE! (buy one pair of sandals, get another free)

bracelet – Etsy – about $5 for supplies

TOTAL: $35

Hell Bunny is such a fun brand. This dress is printed in penny farthings and has that fun lace collar and pearl buttons - that perfect blend between feminine and edgy.

blazer – Modcloth via Poshmark – $10

jeans – Abercrombie & Fitch via thredUP – $24.99

shoes – Modcloth via Poshmark – FREE! (was $15, used credit)

heather ring – Etsy – FREE! (defective, gave refund)

TOTAL: $34.99

Blazers are my new thing. I know librarians are supposed to be more cardigan-forward, but here's the problem with cardigans: if they're not thick enough and you're wearing a short-sleeved top, you're going to get weird lumps. Blazers won't do that to you. This particular blazer is patterned in hot air balloons, which is objectively awesome. The ring I'm wearing is a piece of heather preserved in resin, but it melted in the mail. The Etsy seller gave me a refund and allowed me to keep the ring anyway.

shirt – Target – $7.44 (promotion gift card, Circle)

pants – AE via thredUP – $24.99

boots – Sorel via Poshmark – FREE! (was $34, offer & used credit)

TOTAL: $32.43

Red is my favourite color. It always has been (besides a brief youthful dalliance into lime green) and likely always will be. I am also super into this pattern. My shoes are worth noting: if you're familiar with the Sorel brand, you will know it's super expensive. These shoes were originally upwards of $200, but I ended up paying nothing for them because I made an offer under the asking price on the website and paid using credit I had. Can't beat that.

jumpsuit – Modcloth – $29.97

shoes – DSW – FREE! (buy one pair of sandals, get another free)

earrings – Etsy – about $5 for supplies

TOTAL: $34.97

Yes, my jumpsuit is covered in lemurs. This is one of the few items in this post I purchased new, and it was an absolute steal. I wear it constantly, and every time, someone says joyfully, "Are those lemurs?"

dress – Sugarhill via thredUP – $18.99

shoes – Chelsea Crew via Poshmark – $14

vintage jade and brass bracelet – Etsy/Mom – about $2

TOTAL: $34.99

As evident by many of the outfits in this post, I am a sucker for clothing with fun and unexpected prints. This dress is covered in itty bitty flamingos.

dress – Abernathy’s – $18 (clearance)

sandals – Maurices – $17 (buy one get one 50% off)

TOTAL: $35

I bought this dress in Iowa City when we were on our way to Mammoth Cave for our big 2021 summer road trip. It was on the clearance rack of this incredible little vintage shop called Abernathy's, and I was obviously sold. Before this dress, I owned absolutely nothing in this color, but I'm a believer now.

-----

See you soon for volume 21!

1 comment:

  1. The outfits are great...but I absolutely LOVE that couch!

    ReplyDelete